welcome
myrtle beach, south carolina. a fun, quirky, bustling beachside city full of things to do, people to see, and places to visit. it's a little bit like a tossed salad when it comes to its residents and it's got a million and one things to do. if you want to join, please register with a First and Last name with regular caps. ie: Davey Jones.
staff
featured
credits
app credit goes to echo at shine. hover credits go to imagehover. icons credit to font awesome and ionicons. toggle cbox credit to thunderstruck of shine. affie table credit to ShimmeringWitchy at Shine. default avatar code by posiden5665. skin and general templates made by nat for closer. characters, images, templates, etc, belong their respective owners. please do not steal.

Add Reply
New Poll

info!, June 25-30
tropical storm cardinal
It's that time of year again. Summer. There's sand and sun, beach and babes, hot dogs and hotties. There's tons of beach volleyball games and parties on the shores of the city that last well into the morning. School is out, college kids are having fun, and the city of Myrtle Beach is flooded with more and more tourists each and every day.

But with summer also comes Storm Season. Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, danger in the form on of Mother Nature. And it's about to hit Myrtle Beach.

JUNE 25; 1:13 PM: A weather warning for the Myrtle Beach area is broadcast over all alert systems. A Tropical Storm with winds of up to 60 mph [96 kmh] is heading toward the South Carolina Coastline.

JUNE 25; 8:56 PM: The first drops of rain start to fall. At first, it's just like any other rainstorm, but it grows over the next hour into an outright downpour.

JUNE 26; 5:15 PM: Wind speeds gather and soon small things like patio furniture and tree branches, sports nets and other such items are now flying across the air and ground. More warnings are issued.

JUNE 27; 10:23 AM: Small amounts of flooding begin as the rain refuses to stop. It starts out as an inch or two on the higher streets and is about a half a foot in the lower streets.

JUNE 27; 12:38 PM: Many stores close up shop, the worst of the storm is heading in that night and safety of Myrtle Beach's citizens comes first.

JUNE 27; 3:00 PM: All Myrtle Beach residents are urged to take cover as the wind speeds start to climb above 60 mph and the biggest part of the storm starts to batter at the city.

JUNE 28; ALL DAY: The worst of the storm has passed and the sun is trickling through the remaining dark storm clouds. Cleanup crews are being formed to pick up the debris all along the beaches and the streets; businesses that weren't damaged too badly by the small amounts of flooding or broken windows are opening up and serving coffee and donuts to the crews and anyone displaced by the storm. Eaton Hotel and Resort is offering up free room and board to any families in need of housing repairs, usage of laundry and other facilities to anyone else is also being offered.

JUNE 29; ALL DAY: The cleanup continues. Broken windows have been boarded up, the flooding has mostly been taken care of, and many families are able to head back to their homes and clean things up.

JUNE 30; 5 PM - 9 PM: Eaton Hotel and Resort holds a catered banquet for the entire city to help boost morale and offer up kinship in the wake of the storm.

OOC: I, as a West Coaster, have limited knowledge of tropical storms and hurricanes, so please suspend reality and use your imagination to make this work! If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up and I'll try to answer as best as I can!

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
67 posts
28 years old
Em
House Maid
Single pringle
^
quick thing!
For those of you who live near the Gulf coast and are dealing with a Hurricane/Tropical Storm of the real life capacity, I apologize. This site event has been in the works/planning since around April and was never meant to coincide with any real life natural disaster. It is a completely fictional disaster meant to bring the citizens of Myrtle Beach closer together and form a community bond.

As such, I purposely kept this event as a tropical storm because I did enough research to know that they cause considerably less damage than an actual hurricane, because I did not want anyone to feel particularly bothered by it.

However, if any of you find this event offensive in any way to the current real life situation, again, I apologize! It was never my intention to do so.

I'm actually going to leave the event up and running because I have always played natural disasters in RP. From simple things like floods and snow storms, up to blackouts and even week long blizzards. Disasters are a part of real life and so, too, should they be part of RP. And since this is a real life RP, I aim to make it as realistic as I possibly can while also allowing our fantastic suspension of belief for the RP world.

If you wish to participate in the event, please do so. And if you don't, then don't feel like you need/have to. Just please be aware that your character will have to deal with the after-effects of the small amounts of damage to homes, businesses and the rest of the city.

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
67 posts
28 years old
Em
House Maid
Single pringle
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
Topsites
Static
Scrolling