welcome
myrtle beach, south carolina. a fun, quirky, bustling beachside city full of things to do, people to see, and places to visit. it's a little bit like a tossed salad when it comes to its residents and it's got a million and one things to do. if you want to join, please register with a First and Last name with regular caps. ie: Davey Jones.
staff
featured
credits
app credit goes to echo at shine. hover credits go to imagehover. icons credit to font awesome and ionicons. toggle cbox credit to thunderstruck of shine. affie table credit to ShimmeringWitchy at Shine. default avatar code by posiden5665. skin and general templates made by nat for closer. characters, images, templates, etc, belong their respective owners. please do not steal.

Add Reply
New Poll

twin city, AMBER | MAy 10
Emmy sat at the same table in the dining hall that she'd sat at since her very first day at Kinsey. She was near a window with a decent view of the ocean and since most of the tables around her were empty, it meant she could eat in relative peace.

Except 'relative' was literally a relative term today.

She was nervously tapping her foot as she awaited her twin sister's arrival. Amber was a nightmare to deal with even on the best of days but today had Emmy even more nervous than usual. Her sister had seemed impatient when she called to ask Emmy to meet her for lunch.

And here came the Devil herself. Emmy tilted her head to the side and squinted, pretending that Amber had half-black hair and was wearing fur. It was almost easier to pretend her sister was Cruella De Vil.

Amberlynn Woods

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
22 posts
21 years old
Emmy
Desk Clerk @ eaton
Single
^

heels clicking behind her, amber made her way to the dining hall, her thumbs tapping away quickly at her cellphone's keyboard. "fucking idiot," she huffed furiously, rolling her green eyes as she tapped out a text to one of her co-workers. the guy couldn't do anything right. amber was sick and tired of having to babysit his twenty-three-year-old ass, so she let him know that in a whole, entire paragraph.

once she arrived at the dining hall, she headed straight for her twin sister's table, pulling the chair across from her roughly, causing the metal to screech against the floor. she sat down, her hands folded under her chin, elbows propped on the table. "if you don't know why i'm calling you here, then you're just ridiculous," she began, her tone practically an angry hiss. she leaned back, arms crossed. "may i ask why — no, i want to know why — the fuck you've been stealing my clothes? you have your own shit, christ." she continued, the annoyance registering on her face immediately.

tagged Emerson Woods

age eighteen
timezone est
pronounsshe/her
16 posts
twenty-one years old
amber
student / lifeguard
taken by commitment issues
^
Emmy's face scrunched up into a wince as Amber dragged the chair across the floor. She resisted the urge to cover her ears from the godawful noise, but if she showed too much weakness, her twin would go for her throat. She didn't exactly want to die today ... She had a couple more exams to finish before she was free of college for the summer.

She fiddled with a juice bottle in her hands as Amber snarked at her in that unbelievably harsh tone she seemed to only save for Emmy. Amber wasn't even that mean to her coworkers and Amber hated her coworkers ...

She swallowed hard and wrinkled her nose a little bit. "I wasn't st-stealing them, Amber ..." she replied softly. "I just wanted to borrow them to ... to feel pretty. And uh ... confident, yeah ... like you ..." She wasn't about to tell her sister that the real reason she borrowed her clothes was because Emmy pretended to be Amber ... That would have her in a pine box six feet under before she could blink.

Amberlynn Woods

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
22 posts
21 years old
Emmy
Desk Clerk @ eaton
Single
^

one eyebrow raised, almost immediately, once emmy spoke up. amber let out a loud, obnoxious laugh, green eyes rolling. "that's so fucking stupid. seriously? if you want to be 'pretty and confident' so bad, then buy your own clothes. don't sneak around my goddamn closet wearing mine." she snarled, pinching the bridge of her nose. "and if i find out that you're lying right through your teeth, in front of my face, i'll cut your hair in your sleep, i swear it."

if there was anything amber hated more than people, it was liars. she couldn't stand them. she didn't care enough to actually read her twin and invest her time in getting to actually know her persona, so she didn't know if she was being genuine or not. a huff left her nose and she leaned back to glance at her. "i expect all of my clothes to be in my closet by 6 pm SHARP tonight. got it?"

tagged Emerson Woods

age eighteen
timezone est
pronounsshe/her
16 posts
twenty-one years old
amber
student / lifeguard
^
Emmy swallowed hard and shook her head slightly. She wasn't lying to Amber, not really. Wearing her clothes and pretending to be her for a few hours really did make her feel pretty and confident. So in Em's eyes, it wasn't a lie. It just wasn't telling the whole truth, either.

Emerson wanted to love Amber. She really, honestly did. But when Amber tore her down for the smallest things all of the time, Em couldn't handle it. She was the sensitive, sweet twin, not the cutthroat bitch twin.

"I-i'm not lying ..." she mumbled, though she didn't quite meet Amber's eyes. "I already put them back, si-- Amber ..." She looked down at her hands in her lap and sniffled. Don't cry right now! "I don't have the money you do to buy that stuff. I need my money for more important things ... We're the sam exact size, what's so wrong with sharing with your twin sister?"

Amberlynn Woods

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
22 posts
21 years old
Emmy
Desk Clerk @ eaton
Single
^

"good, then. hopefully you put them in order, too. exactly how i had it." amber demanded, crossing her arms. emmy began sniffling and amber fought the urge to laugh. it was just ridiculous in her eyes, how sensitive emmy was. she definitely needed to toughen up, and pronto. she listened to her, lips pursed in consideration.

"oh, my god, wow." she laughed, a scoff soon following. "sharing is not a word in my dictionary. you, of all people, should seriously know that. i don't want to share, and i will never share, got that? so you can stop fantasizing or whatever you're doing, because it's not going to happen." she practically ranted, her eyes on emmy's the whole time.

tagged Emerson Woods

age eighteen
timezone est
pronounsshe/her
16 posts
twenty-one years old
amber
student / lifeguard
^
Had she put them in order? She wasn't sure this time. Anya had let her into the apartment and Emmy hadn't had much time to make sure -- that was probably how Amber knew in the first place.

Emmy looked up at her sister after she started laughing at her and she couldn't handle it anymore. This abuse, this putting-down of who she was. She didn't think that she would have to deal with this today and she was already anxious and irritated over finals and the like as it was.

"Amberlynn Woods, you are a bitch. And I do not mean that as a compliment. You are a terrible, disgusting, ugly human being who has no right to treat anyone the way that you do -- most especially your very own family. You're going to wind up alone, broke, and probably selling your body for sex to make ends meet one day and I can guarantee you that I won't feel a bit sorry for you, then!"

Emmy stood up, her chair shrieking against the linoleum. "Sometimes I wish I were the only twin, because I'm tired of being associated with the likes of you."

@[Amberlynn Woods.]

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
22 posts
21 years old
Emmy
Desk Clerk @ eaton
Single
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
Topsites
Static
Scrolling
Black Prism