welcome
myrtle beach, south carolina. a fun, quirky, bustling beachside city full of things to do, people to see, and places to visit. it's a little bit like a tossed salad when it comes to its residents and it's got a million and one things to do. if you want to join, please register with a First and Last name with regular caps. ie: Davey Jones.
staff
featured
credits
app credit goes to echo at shine. hover credits go to imagehover. icons credit to font awesome and ionicons. toggle cbox credit to thunderstruck of shine. affie table credit to ShimmeringWitchy at Shine. default avatar code by posiden5665. skin and general templates made by nat for closer. characters, images, templates, etc, belong their respective owners. please do not steal.

Add Reply
New Poll

hey shrimpette, OPEN | Mar 20
Anya looked up at the top of the bookshelf with disdain. She was way too short to reach the book she needed and there were no footstools in sight to stand on. She placed her hands on her hips and nibbled on her bottom lip for a long moment as she tried to think of a way to get the book.

After a time, she threw her hands in the air and groaned. There was only one way to get that book and either she was going to be successful in her endeavors or she was going to seriously hurt herself and cause a commotion -- she hoped it was the former.

After a quick glance around, Anya stepped up onto the bottom to shelves of the case and balanced rather precariously on her toes as she stretched for the book. Almost touching it, her ankle wobbled and she fell backward, pulling a few books off the shelf and landing with a rather audible thud.

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
126 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
As Zaire made his way to the campus library, he had his hands stuffed in his pockets, whistling to a tune he’d heard on the radio. Soccer practice had gone a bit late the day before, causing a mess up of times in Zaire’s schedule. He’d planned to study for his Human Anatomy test, but after taking a much needed hot shower, he’d crashed on the couch in under ten minutes. Therefore, he’d have to cancel his lunch plans with the team, and study instead.

He pushed through the library doors, nodding towards the librarian as she shared a sweet smile with him, it seemed she was always the happiest person on campus, she always had a smile on her face. Trailing throughout the aisles of books, Zaire stopped at the Anatomy textbooks, pinpointing the ones he would need to scan, before readying himself to get comfortable in a velvety chair in front of the closest window, though as he tried to do so, he heard a thud coming from around the corner of the aisle he stood in.

The soccer player, with two textbooks tucked under his right arm, trailed around, stopping once he saw Anya, his friend (sort of rival), he wasn’t quite sure what to call her at this point in time, with a book in hand and at least three others on the ground. He chuckled under his breath, leaning against the bookshelf and clearing his throat in order to gain her attention.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk, Anya. Trying to reach books on the top shelf again?

age 18
timezone Pacific
pronounshe/him
20 posts
22 years old
Zair
student
single
^
Anya shuffled around and started to stack the books that had fallen around and on top of her. Her ass was sore, that was for certain, and she felt like she was going to have a couple of nice, purple bruises in the morning. She groaned when her hip protested against the soreness.

A voice above her caught her attention and she tilted her head up with a childlike grin on her lips. "Is that another short joke, Flynn?" she teased him in a playful tone.

Anya stood and straightened her shirt and lifted the books she had managed to grab and held them to her chest. "I actually was trying to get that big blue one off the top shelf, but, well, I'm fucking short and everybody stole the stools ... Again." She wrinkled her nose and made a face before her lips curled back into a smile. "How about you grab it for me?"

Zaire Flynn

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
126 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
Zaire chuckled, amused by that fact that Anya had managed to hurt herself while getting a book off the shelf in a library. Though at her teasing tone, he nodded with a sort of confidence built within his spirit. “Always. It’s a lot of fun to make jabs at your height, Anya.” He charmed with his seemingly pearl white smile.

He glanced around her at her next comment, noting that there definitely was a shortage of stools, but then again, it always seemed to be that way in the library, or perhaps Zaire never noticed because, well, he never needed one. Placing his books on the table beside him (don’t really know why there is a table there), Zaire nodded, striding over to the shelf and grabbing the blue book easily.

He handed it to his counterpart, smirking and shrugging his shoulders. “I guess it's just the genes, Anya.” He moved past her, snatching up his own books. “So, when is our next match gonna be? We haven’t played in over two weeks.” He proceeded to poke her forehead childishly. “I want to continue my winning streak.”

age 18
timezone Pacific
pronounshe/him
20 posts
22 years old
Zair
student
single
^
Playfully, Anya shot back. "It's not polite to make fun of short people," she grinned and stuck out ehr tongue. "Especially if they look eerily like black-haired giraffes!" She giggled and stepped back when she noticed he was going to retrieve the book she'd been attempting to get from the top shelf.

She wasn't totally thrilled with the idea of being so comically short and she didn't quite understand where she had gotten her lack of height from -- even her sister was a solid 5'5.

She thanked him and added the blue book to ehr small stack she had gathered on the floor after falling. "Mm, you might ask Mollee. Since she's captain she's the one that works out all the fine details of intramurals. I know our next spring game is next week, but as for boys against girls? Unsure. Looks like you'll have to continue being petrified that you'll eventually lose!"

Zaire Flynn

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
126 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
Crossing his arms over his chest, in a way where the textbooks he was holding didn’t fall, Zaire only chuckled at her playful demeanor and kind, yet unkind words. “Oh, but it is. You’ll never learn of the experience though.” Leaning against the bookshelf, he teasingly pouted. “Now, now, that’s not very polite. Calling people giraffe’s. I’m not that tall.”

He began to kick at the floor, listening to Anya and nodding here and there, though he wasn’t sure if she had gotten what he had meant entirely. “That’s not what I meant, Anya. I meant our one on one games. You know our competition we have going on? Though I do enjoy our team scrimmages, they’re certainly fun, especially when we win.”

Zaire knew that when it came to soccer, he could come off as a bit cocky and almost like a condescending ass, but people knew that it was only since he was in love with it, and he would do anything to be one of the greatest soccer players in the States or even the world. He took great pride in his athletic ability.

Stepping towards her, Zaire smirked. “So, how bout it, Anya? Shall we set a date?”

age 18
timezone Pacific
pronounshe/him
20 posts
22 years old
Zair
student
single
^
Anya couldn't help but giggle. "Yeah but see, everyone is super tall to me! If I have to crane my neck, you're too tall!"

She rolled her eyes at him. The girls' team was clearly the best and everyone at Kinsey knew it. Mollee had led them to many a victory and she would be sad if the Senior decided to graduate this year instead of staying on an extra year like she had hinted at. They couldn't be so lucky to find another excellent captain -- especially one who had a famous ex-captain as their dad.

She shrugged and pretended to be nonchalant about it. "Hmm I'm free on Saturday, I think."

Zaire Flynn

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
126 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
"Hmmm, well, I suppose that's true, I feel that there's a lot of people that are taller than you, no offense." He let out a small laugh, he wondered why it was so fun to poke fun at Anya's height.

Zaire nodded, pushing his lips out as he thought of his schedule. "I think Saturday will work. At least I wasn't planning on doing anything else except practicing, so this is good." He said, nodding to himself. "So, we'll meet at the field, 9:00? Or later?" He questioned, tilting his head as he waiting for her answer. He hoped it wouldn't be too hot the following Saturday, he wasn't looking to sweat a lot.

age 18
timezone Pacific
pronounshe/him
20 posts
22 years old
Zair
student
single
^
"Poke fun all you want, mister! I'll still kick your ass on the field!" She smiled at him, big and cheesy as she held her ground.

Everyone picked on Anya for her height. It hadn't been anything new to her in all of her almost 21 years of life and it would certainly never change -- that is, unless she learned how to walk in 6 inch heels and she had zero desire to do that.

"Can you make it ten? I've got a couple of things I need to do before it gets too late in the day -- namely laundry before Amberlynn steals the machines again."

Zaire Flynn

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
126 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
He nodded and smiled. "I will accept that challenge." He said with a glint of amusement in his eyes before readjusting the books in his arms.

"Ten works for me, I'll make sure to be there." He said before holding out a hand. "Shake on it?" He questioned.

Zaire smiled, looking forward to this match, it'd been a while since he'd had a one on one match, it'd be good practice.

Notes: sorry for the short reply!

age 18
timezone Pacific
pronounshe/him
20 posts
22 years old
Zair
student
single
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
Topsites
Static
Scrolling