welcome
myrtle beach, south carolina. a fun, quirky, bustling beachside city full of things to do, people to see, and places to visit. it's a little bit like a tossed salad when it comes to its residents and it's got a million and one things to do. if you want to join, please register with a First and Last name with regular caps. ie: Davey Jones.
staff
featured
credits
app credit goes to echo at shine. hover credits go to imagehover. icons credit to font awesome and ionicons. toggle cbox credit to thunderstruck of shine. affie table credit to ShimmeringWitchy at Shine. default avatar code by posiden5665. skin and general templates made by nat for closer. characters, images, templates, etc, belong their respective owners. please do not steal.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

beach bunnies, Mikey | May 26
For the first time in a couple of weeks Anya was smiling and having fun without the worry of finals on her back. She'd just finished her last dance final earlier that day and had called up Mikey to hang out with her at the beach. Ellie was busy that day so she hadn't wanted to bother her friend.

Mikey needed some friends to hang out with anyway.

Despite the age difference, Anya was really enjoying the girl. She was fairly new to the area and she was glad that she'd met her.

Anya stood by the entrance to her favourite beach and checked her phone in hopes that she wasn't terribly early and was going to wait forever because she'd messed up her own time. She looked up, though, and spotted a familiar blonde head and stood on her tippy-toes to wave. "Mikey! Hey! Over here!"

McKayla Knight

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
133 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
If it weren't for Anya then Mikey was pretty sure she wouldn't have ever left her apartment other than for work. It wasn't really her fault after all. Mikey just kept getting caught up in making new things. Coming up with new candies and treats. She couldn't help herself it was her passion. The only reason she didn't do it all the time was because she had work. Then when the fall semester would start she was going to have classes to boot.

Today though, today was the day she was getting summoned to the beach. She was wearing a multi colored striped bikini under a pair of cut off shorts and a tank top. She wore a pair of canvas tennis shoes and a ball cap as she waved to Anya. "I'm here. Hey! I made it. I also brought some new gummis that I made. Strawberries and champagne, though it's actually sparkling white grape juice since I can't buy the champagne yet."

Mikey held up the pink cellophane baggie she had made and dangled into in front of Anya's face. "I need to bribe someone to buy me a bottle of champagne and other liquors to work with. So what's on the agenda for today?"

Anya Andrejczyk

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
Anya's smile widened when she saw Mikey. She was a teeny little thing and so the fact that she'd even seen her friend had been a miracle, but Anya was not one for heels or wedges, so being five feet and one inch tall and only wearing flats was always a problem for her. Ellie had yet to teach her how to walk in heels and she didn't dare ask her sister for help. Not if she didn't want to be teased for the rest of forever.

"Oh my god, my weakness," she practically drooled. Anya loved food, candy, anything that could go into her belly. She worked it off on the dance floor and on the soccer field, so she didn't worry about her weight like most other dancers did. "Well, after August, I can buy you the champagne ... Until then? We might have to bribe some of my older friends!"

She laughed and then bent down to pick up a soft cooler she'd filled with some drinks and some sandwich making supplies and hoisted it onto her shoulder. "We find an empty umbrella, park our butts, set up our home base and just ... Chillax!" She giggled. "I also suggest some swimming and some volleyball. It's a great way for you to meet everyone before summer so that we can have a lot of fun when summer actually rolls around!" She made a motion for Mikey to follow her and then headed off to where she saw a few giant beach umbrellas that didn't look occupied.

McKayla Knight

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
133 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
Mikey had to admit that it was nice having a friend she didn't feel so very short next to. She herself felt short at 5' even, not that she really ever let it to her. But it was nice and all to not have to keep tilting her head to look up at her friend. They were level, even, and it was more than awesome. She smiled big when she saw her. She was actually surprised that they had been able to see each other but she figured it was like finding like.

A snicker escaped and she shrugged. "Food is your weakness, I know this. Sweets even more so. It's one of the reasons we work so well. I'm your dealer and you are my sugar whore." She wiggled her brows at her. "I can wait until after August. I just want to start figuring out some really sexy and yummy things for Valentine's Day." She thought the idea of strawberries and champagne as candy would be awesome for the big day of love.

"Need any help? And yeah, it sounds awesome. I kind of need to learn how summers work at the beach anyway. Now I can tell you how it works at a resort where it snows and stuff and at the lake, but the beach is different." It might seem like it but there was a very definite difference between the beach and the lake in the summer. She followed Anya, trusting that she'd show her how it was done.

Anya Andrejczyk

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
"Food is one-hundred percent my weakness, yes. All kinds of foods!" She replied in a happy, delighted tone. Mikey was among the few friends of hers who figured that out rather quickly. Most people assumed that because she was a dancer above all else that she didn't eat a lot, but in fact, the opposite was true. She ate like a pig, and constantly.

"You're so my dealer," she teased with a stuck out tongue after. She giggled and shrugged. "Maybe you can find or make some molds for new candies and start creating shapes and designs before you need to work with alcohol yet? Practice makes perfect, you know!"

She shook her head at Mikey's offer of help. It wasn't a lot and she was thankfully stronger than she looked. Mikey's baggie of gummies was all the help she really needed anyway. Anya led them over to an empty umbrella that had a couple of lounge chairs and dropped everything between them before flopping onto a lounger and digging in her bag for the sunscreen. "First of all sunscreen is your best friend. The sun will bounce off the water and turn you into a lobster before you know it." She looked up at her friend with a smile. "It's worse out here at the beach than it is at a lake because there are no trees for cover. But after the sunscreen comes all the fun stuff, I promise!"

McKayla Knight

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
133 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
"See now you are what I would expect dancers and stuff be. Like I don't see how they can not eat anything with how active you all are. You would figure the whole starving yourself thing would actually make them more prone to injury." Mike shook her head and then shrugged. She didn't get it but it was what it was she supposed.

As they walked she tapped her chin thoughtfully. "You know the whole making molds thing would be good. I would like to try that. I'll have to find out how to do that." Mike grinned and wiggled a bit as she thought about it. "Oh yeah, that would be a good thing for me to do, especially if I ever do open up my own little boutique."

Mike took the sunscreen and nodded. "The same actually goes for snow. The sun will reflect off of it even if it's overcast. A lot of people don't realize that by then think about the size of skier's goggles." She put some of the sunscreen in her hand and started slathering it on. "What is your favorite thing to do at the beach?"

Anya Andrejczyk

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
Anya chuckled a bit and twisted her long, silky sheet of hair into a bun at the top of her head, securing it with a hair tie. "I have no idea why they starve themselves. You need so many calories and carbs to survive when your body is using them all up all the time." She shrugged and unzipped the cooler to pull out a couple of water bottles. She set them between the two loungers.

"Maybe check out some youtube or pinterest tutorials? That way if you mess up, at least you won't have spent a whole lot of money trying to learn."

Anya smiled again. "I do not miss snow. The only snow I ever see is the kind that builds up in New York and just never leaves. It's gross, it's mushy, it's full of gravel and just yuck," she replied. She untwisted the cap of one of the bottles and took a long sip before nodding her head out toward all of the people at the water's edge. "Honestly? Just swimming. Being around the people, joining the occasional game of frisbee or volleyball. It's just ... it's relaxing while still having fun, I guess. Much different from winter ski resorts, let me tell you!"

McKayla Knight

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
133 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
"I know, right? I don't get it. I mean I know you have to be light for the lifts and tosses,
are there tosses? But yeah, that's exactly my point. It doesn't make sense for any kind of athlete to do not eat."
She knew there were a lot of people that don't consider somethings a sport but in her mind if it requires you to be athletic, then it was a sport.

"I was going to check out the tutorials for sure. Who knows, maybe when I get good at doing thing and what not, I can start a webshow. Something on youtube or what have you." The thought made her giggle and she shook her head. "Nah, I wouldn't do that because I'd want to keep my secrets. But learning other people's secrets and getting ideas would be good."

A brow arched and then she pulled out her phone and pulled up some pictures. "Here is what snow in Wisconsin looks like. The only reason New York snow looks like it is because it's a big and dirty city. For the record most cities are dirty so all city snow looks like that."
She showed her the sparkling bright white snow that falls back home.

Mike nodded and grinned. "Okay so basically just relax. Got it." She finished off putting the on the sunscreen. "You want to get my back or are we going to do the beach thing and wait for two guys?"

Anya Andrejczyk

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
Anya grinned and nodded. "There can be tosses in dance, too; it all depends on the style. I'm tiny so I get tossed and lifted a lot ... Sometimes it's fun other times I wonder if I'll wind up with broken bones at the end of the day!" Anya's entire life revolved around dance and honing her skills. She just didn't always trust her partners to keep her safe.

"Yeah, save your secrets for yourself. You don't want anyone stealing them!" Anya was just going to eagerly wait until Mikey really started in on the planning and creating. She wanted to be the taste-tester so she could have an excuse to eat candy all day and not have anyone guilt her about it.

Her face twisted at the picture on Mikey's phone. While it was certainly beautiful, it was just way too much for her to handle. She liked Myrtle Beach because there were no snow storms, just tropical storms and those were bad enough. "That's ... a lot of fricken snow. How do you deal!?"

She took the bottle from Mikey and indicated for her to turn around. "That, unfortunately, only works in the movies. What doesn't only work in the movies is nearly anything girl on girl ..." She rolled her eyes as she rubbed sunscreen onto Mikey's back. "Once you do mine and it dries, let's go hit up the waves and flirt. Summer and beaches are all about flirting and fun!"

McKayla Knight

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
133 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
"Broken bones would hurt. But unlike the others you've been building up strong bones and muscles so you probably have a higher chance of surviving." Yeah, she really didn't know she was just talking out her butt. Though she did like watching the movies about dancing, mainly movies like Step Up and Honey but still she liked them all. She also liked the musicals.

"Exactly! Especially if I am ever going to really start my own business. I kind of want to own an exclusive candy boutique. Silly I know, but I think it would be awesome to have the upper crust vying for my boxes of chocolates or something." It was a dream but she didn't think it was ever going to come true. It would cost way more money than she could ever dream to come up with and she wasn't sure she would want a partner.

Mike snickered. "Snow mobiles, skis, and snow shoes. As well as plows and four wheel drive. It's fun even the times where the snow literally goes up to my butt. It makes things cold that should never be cold." She wasn't exaggerating either, she'd been in snow that was waist high at times.

The girl handed over the bottle and then turned her back on her friend. She pulled her hair up out of the way and listened as she explained things. "Okay so boys doing this isn't real, but girl on girl is fine? Yeah, that sounds about right." She chuckled and then once Anya was done, she turned around and put the lotion on her friend. "Uh, not sure I'm all that good at flirting, but I'll try."

Anya Andrejczyk

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
"Surviving, yes. Remaining cool as a cucumber?" She laughed loudly. "Not so much!"

Anya's head tilted a little and she gave her friend a huge smile. "I think having your own sweets boutique is an excellent idea, honestly. I mean ... what could be better? You could have an in store thing, maybe set up some online stuff?" She was excited for ehr friend and her dreams. "No different from me wanting to dance in the New York City Ballet after I graduate from Kinsey, so I meannnn ..."

Anya flinched at the sound of all things Wisconsin and made a mental note never to visit there. Ever. She didn't like that much snow, even if it was as pretty as the pictures that Mikey was showing her. "Yeah, I'll just stick to the gross stuff that New York offers me! You keep the waist high snow to yourself!"

Anya took the bottle from her when she was done and put it away for later. "Boys -- and girls -- will be boys and girls, I suppose. I mean, you can find gentlemanly guys like that, but it's rare around here." She shrugged and stood up, taking Mikey's hand. "Today you're getting some lessons in flirting then!"

McKayla Knight

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
133 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
Blue eyes narrowed as she studied her friend. "I dunno. You seem like you'd have a little Tay Tay going on and would just Shake It Off. I could be wrong though." She snickered and picked up the bottle of water and took a sip.

"I was actually thinking of setting up a little web thing, though I have to be able to buy the domain I think. Then I'd put like a limit on orders so I didn't over tax myself. If people liked them enough they could become kind of exclusive. But like my boutique would have like the 'Platinum Room' where the more 'high end' candies. Then the rest of the store will be for the rest of the candies. That make sense?" She didn't know if it was a good idea and she kept having different ideas going through her head on how to do things. She nudged her friend. "I bet you get in."

Mikey laughed and patted her friend's shoulder. "I'll keep the snow. Don't worry, I don't mind the warmer weather but this is really hot for me. It doesn't normally get past the high 80s or 90s up there unless it's a really bad summer. So this is something I'll have to get used to." She shook her head and stretched a bit. She pulled the ball cap out of her bag and slapped it on, pulling her ponytail through the back of it.

She stood up when her hand was taken. "I'll just be myself and we'll see how that goes.
Is that okay? I think that would be best. As for gentlemen, have a little faith. You know that a lot of times the reason a girl doesn't meet a gentleman is because she treats him like a douche right off."

Anya Andrejczyk

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
She let out a loud laugh at being compared to Taylor Swift. "I like to think my ability to be sexy and dance is much better than Tay's, but sure, I can shake off some of the haters!"

She listened intently when Mikey described her plans for a shop and a website and nodded along in thought. Mikey had big dreams for herself, but they were also very achievable. In the short time Anya had known her, she knew that Mikey was a very determined person. "I bet you could do all of that. Maybe even have branches in other cityes on the East coast some day. Just keep at it, you know?" She smiled and gave her friend's arm a ssqueexe. "I'm sure you can do it."

Anya laughed again. "Yeah it can get pretty warm here, but the worst bit of it all is thr tropical storms. And storm season is coming up soon. That's when it just gets super nasty for a couple of days and yeah ... Damage is sometimes done and we have to clean up the beaches and the roads, but so far we haven't really had anything toooooo bad in a few years, so that's good."

She led Mikey out towards the water and finger waved at a couple of guys she knew from classes or hanging around her friends at the resort. "Being yourself is always good. I can guarantee you that if you try to act like someone you're not, that the boys will just treat you like dirt anyway." She wrinkled her nose. "But be careful, because a lot of the guys around here can actually be douchenozzles ..." She spotted someone familiar and pointed him out to Mikey. "Like him. He's a skeeze. He fucks around with girls and drops them as soon as he finds someone hotter ... Or with big, fake boobs."

McKayla Knight

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
133 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
"Too be fair, I probably could too. I mean, I don't dislike Taylor Swift. I like some of her songs, but at the same time I don't necessarily like Taylor Swift. There's just something about her that doesn't feel real. Does that make sense? That and she's still writing songs like she's in middle school or high school." She understood the target audience but holy crap grow up already.

The blonde shook her head. "Nah, I don't think I'd open other branches. That would be what the website was for. Though I'd so put a limit on orders. Like take X amount of orders, then when I get them shipped, open it up for the next batch. Mainly because I'm wanting to keep it handmade and if I can't be there to at least supervise, I'd wig out not sure if someone wasn't following the recipes. That and I'm a bit paranoid at the idea of people taking my stuff and selling or stealing them." She looked a little sheepish at the thought, but in this day and age she couldn't trust people not to do those things.

She was already thinking of starting the website as a tester of sorts, but she had to get the money together to get the domain and stuff. However, with school and work she didn't want to over extend herself too much. Her attention shifted to Anya and she nodded. "Yeah, I'm a little terrified about my first tropical storm but at the same time kind of excited. I mean I've survived blizzards and it's like a blizzard only with rain instead of snow. So easier to deal with than an earthquake or tornado. I'd totally help with clean up and so forth too."

Mike looked at where she pointed and nodded. "Yeah, most of the guys don't hang around me long when they realize I'm not into just hooking up. They see blond and boobs and think easy, but I have my philosophy. This is my philosophy, if I feel any hesitation, I'm not doing it. If I don't feel any hesitation, then I'll do it. Even if I know the guy is just out to get into my pants. I figure if I don't hesitate then I'm not going to regret it. You know?" She nodded to a couple of people she knew from either classes or work as they headed towards the water. "Although being myself means I tend to babble. Not so sexy for guys."

Anya Andrejczyk

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
Anya didn't like to judge artists based on what museic they did or didn't write. She just liked the sogns and their beats and sometimes the lyrics, too. She was a dancer and music was in her blood, kind of literally. "She can do what she wants, you know? It's like ... I don't like Beyonce. Like ... at all ... but I sort of like a couple of her songs when they're not overplayed."

She thought over what Mikey said and then nodded along. "That's true, I never thought of it like that, actually. But I bet no matter what, you'd still be popular -- everyone loves candy!" She let out a quiet little giggle.

"I've never been in an earthquake and I don't think I'd want to. I'd be terrified that a whole bunch of rubble would come down and crush me to deaht ..." she made a face and then looked out toward the ocean. There were tropical storms, hurricanes, tsunamis, sneaker waves, and a crapton of animals that could kill her, but the ocean was way more comforting than anything else she could think of.

Anya looked down at her small chest and then looked at Mikey's. "If you ever want to share some of those, you know who to spare some extra cleavage to!" She dragged them out even closer to the water and waved a couple more times. Once near the waves, Anya dipped her feet in and hummed at how cool it was on her toes. "If a guy can't handle your babbling, then he doesn't deserve you. And that's the honest truth."

McKayla Knight

age 28
timezone PST
pronounsShe/Her
133 posts
20 years old
Little A
barista @ starbucks
taken by griffin
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
Topsites
Static
Scrolling
Black Prism