welcome
myrtle beach, south carolina. a fun, quirky, bustling beachside city full of things to do, people to see, and places to visit. it's a little bit like a tossed salad when it comes to its residents and it's got a million and one things to do. if you want to join, please register with a First and Last name with regular caps. ie: Davey Jones.
staff
featured
credits
app credit goes to echo at shine. hover credits go to imagehover. icons credit to font awesome and ionicons. toggle cbox credit to thunderstruck of shine. affie table credit to ShimmeringWitchy at Shine. default avatar code by posiden5665. skin and general templates made by nat for closer. characters, images, templates, etc, belong their respective owners. please do not steal.

Add Reply
New Poll

give it away, now, @mike/verse
he's a mess, idk
"Stay out of the kitchen."

Max nodded, hands up in surrender, "Of course, I hear ya loud and clear. No more sneaking in the kitchen." as soon as the man was out of sight, Max ducked in the swinging doors of the kitchen, skirting along the wall to follow it to the back of the room. It had become a tradition for him to sneak into the kitchens before his shift started to puppy dog eye his way into a free appetizer or take out container of fries to snack on between drinks while he was behind the bar.

Not all of the staff, appreciated his routine.

Once he was certain that food was coming his way, he stepped back into the dish room to stay undetected until it was cooked. "Yo, what up Cinderella?" a quiet chuckle came out with his not really that funny nickname for the girl who washed the dishes. He was assuming it was her, anyways, he could hear the sound of dishes being moved and stacked, though his line of vision was blocked by the sanitizing machine itself. He'd met her a few times in passing already, but he wasn't sure they had ever had anything resembling a conversation before. "Busy night?" he had on, what he thought to be, his most charming smile with the question.

McKayla Knight

age 21
timezone gmt (-6:00)
pronounsshe/her
18 posts
24 years old
max
barista/bartender
single pringle
^
It seemed to be really busy in the kitchen at the resort. Mikey stared down at her wet and wrinkly hands. She blew out a breath and the loose lock of hair in front of her face stirred. Her hair was a little messy and bits were sticking out of the ponytail that she had her hair in. She shook her her head as her hands dove back into the water. Yeah, they had the big machine that sterilized the dishes but she still had to deal with the washing of them.

Her attention shifted when she heard the question directed towards Cinderella. A bright smile touched her lips. "Max! Hi. Wait, are you gonna get in trouble again for being in here?" She didn't know Max well yet, not outside of work, but she knew he had a bit of a reputation.

Another breath was blown out and that lock of hair stirred again. "Yeah. Apparently there's a lot of diners and room service going on. My hands got all pruney" She pulled her hands out of the water to show him. "What are you up to?" Though she was talking to him she didn't let it detract from her work. As they talked she worked.

Maximilian Earnshaw

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
he's a mess, idk
the charming smile turned into a genuine grin at how brightly he was greeted, moving around the machine he positioned himself to lean back against the counter beside the sink mike was working at. "not if you don't tell on me." a conspiratorial wink came with the request. the smile was still on his lips as he shifted to look down at the sudsy sink, settling himself again when his head turned so his eyes were back on the girls face. without really thinking, he reached a hand up to move the lock of hair in her face, tucking it behind her ear in a quick, fluid motion, arms crossing loosely over himself when he was done.

"it looked like a full house when i came through." his nose crinkled playfully at the site of her wrinkling skin, "sexy." max laughed the word out, pushing off the counter to cross behind her to the sink that was piled with the dishes she'd just washed. "waiting for my shift to start, i conned the new girl into making me some stuffed peppers." flashing a smile, he brandished the sprayer nozzle, giving mike a small squirt with it before he started rinsing the dishes in front of him and sticking them in the little racks he could only assume they went in. "had to come see my favorite member of the kitchen staff." he teased. "don't tell the others, they'll get jealous." he leaned in with the added bit, like he was sharing a secret, though he routinely told each person he knew the same thing he'd just told her. "and i can't resist a good dishwashing party."

McKayla Knight

age 21
timezone gmt (-6:00)
pronounsshe/her
18 posts
24 years old
max
barista/bartender
single pringle
^
Mike made the 'zipping the lips' motion and grinned. "I won't say a word." It was nice having someone to chat with while she was working. Washing dishes was one of the most monotonous tasks that she could think of. There was no real movement, you stood in one spot and did the same thing repeatedly. At times she'd almost rather clean the bathrooms but that thought was terrifying. When he tucked the lock of hair behind her ear she grinned. "Thanks, it's been annoying me for the past half hour." She really didn't feel like getting dishwater in her hair.

The blond head nodded. "Yeah, yeah it is. It's enough to drive me batty." She chuckled and then wrinkled her nose. "Oh yeah, there's nothing like dishpan hands to drive the boys wild. So much better than the milkshake." She rolled her eyes and her hands dove back in once more. "Ack! Don't start a water fight, I kind of need this job. Which kind of stuffed peppers? Like the bell peppers or jalapeno ones?" She did love her poppers. She just gave him a look and snorted when he said she was her favorite. She'd believe that if he probably didn't say it to the ones that snuck him food.

"Yeah, this is just a hoot, dontcha know. It's just the most darnedest fun ever, ya." As she spoke she slipped into that Fargo style accent which isn't actually too far from how her mother actually talks back in Wisconsin.

Maximilian Earnshaw

age 40
timezone Central
pronounsShe/her
30 posts
18 years old
Mike
dishwasher
single
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
Topsites
Static
Scrolling